Old 07-31-09, 02:26 PM
Breadpudding

Bikes: Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A Couple of Weeks!?!

Post has been edited, see my post below the original. (Search for Update).

Update #2: http://www.bikeforums.net/showpost.p...7&postcount=34

So I got back from vacation on the 22nd (July for those that can't add 1+1) and put my bike in the shop the same day. Shop mechanic told me that he was backed up and it would take until July 31 to get it back to me. I was fine with this. I've had great service before and could tell just by how many bikes were out in the shop how backed up he was.

Fast forward to this morning...

I get a voicemail on my phone asking me to call him back, I'm thinking SWEET, get my bike back on time, I'm gonna go pick it up today and go for a nice ride!

Mechanic: Hey man, looks like your shifter is totally dead, looks like the cable jammed up inside it and Shimano designs these things to not be taken apart completely in a shop.

Me: So what are we looking at here?

Mechanic: Well I really wish I would have taken a look at it right when you brought it in because I'm gonna have to send it out to shimano and have them either repair it or warranty it out.

Me: Aight, I can understand that, but how much longer are we looking at?

Mechanic: It shouldn't be too long, probably just another couple of weeks...

Me:

This is where I decided I was gonna flip out and told him to just have at it, and I hung up. Summer is nearly over here in WA and I just bought the bike on JUNE 06, 09! It broke in just after a month! UGH!

@$&# I'm heated right now.

Last edited by Breadpudding; 08-14-09 at 04:22 PM.