Old 08-02-09, 03:59 AM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I think feijai made some good points.
I agree there needs to be a question of balance.

There are major disadvantagers of the Brompton setup. Many shops/riders/reviews tend to concentrate on what it does well. However many people have chosen alternative bikes because of the Brompton "short fallings".If I lived in london I would definately consider getting a Brompton (again) because of it strenghts. But its short fallings often seemed to get glossed over in reviews ect.

Ie comments like "after fitting Koolstops brake pads,an extended seat post an aftermarket rear frame clip, altering the bars stem arrangment to get more room and finding solutions to offer enough gears. I had a bike I was happy with."

The Tikit is a solution that does not need any of the above, but it lacks some of the Bromptons key abilities in the folding size,and luggage capabilities.
I like the Tikit set up, and agree it is a better package overall,,but I understand why some people prefer the Brompton in their circumstances. I would personally choose the Diblasi as the ultimate folding package over the Brompton. I feel the Mezzo needs to be compaired to the tikit as another better riding, but slightly bigger,and faster folding package,than the Brompton. However I had to upgrade my Mezzo gearing and alter the bars,upgrade to Koolstops also to get a bike I was happy with. But thats another thread!

Last edited by bhkyte; 08-02-09 at 04:19 AM.