Lindaosm

Bikes: Trek 7100 WSD & Trek Skye SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from Ocala/FL

Hi,
Yes, I am new to biking and these forums. I'm 60 years old and just started riding about 4 months ago. I had not been on a bike since I was in my teens. Mainly because of my weight and I was embarassed AND afraid of falling. In the last 2 years I have lost a little over 100 pounds. My husband (who has had a mountain bike for several years now) bought me a used bike at Goodwill (no gears) and I started with that. After a few weeks of riding it, we bought a better one with gears. We are now riding every weekend and sometimes after work (depending on the heat). We have done alot of the paved trails in North Fl and even some of the double track dirt trails in the state parks. He rides a Gary Fisher and loves riding Santos (which is a pretty famous mountain bike trail near our home.) I prefer the Fl Greenways and Trails that are paved and we have done these: Withlachochee, James Van Fleet, Tallahassee/St Marks, Nature Coast, Withlachochee Bay Trail and Gainesville/Hawthorne. The furthest I have ridden is about 28 miles. I am trying to increase that number each time we go out. Am glad to find a forum so that I can continue learning about new places to ride.

LindaN