View Single Post
Old 08-03-09, 07:01 PM
karprive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alhedges
That's only $300 more for the custom frame - a standard tikit with hyperfold costs $1300. I think that $300 for a custom frame qualifies as a low premium.

Why did that annoy you? Isn't the fact that they have told you that there is a cheaper option for you good news?
http://community.bikefriday.com/ModelsList
A $300 increase is more like a 23% premium over the price of a stock tikit...I realize that terms such as "low" are relative to one's wealth, etc., but for me it seemed pretty high for a "standard" tikit with hyperfold in a color other than blue. I couldn't justify paying 23% more just for a different color.

Additionally, if I went the custom build route, I wanted something similar to the Season tikit with hyperfold ($1800+)...but for some reason they kept mentioning that a stock tikit would be best for me. This was the primary reason for my annoyance...I told them that I did not like blue and that I wanted an internal hub...but was only offered a stock bike. No idea why...and I'm hoping/guessing that my experience was the exception and not the rule.

So, while they did propose a cheaper alternative, I don't see it as good news because it was a color/configuration that was never an option for me.