View Single Post
Old 08-07-09, 09:02 AM
Glennfordx4

Bikes: Too many Bicycles to list

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 44 Posts
I have a couple of pics that I just took of a 1965-66 Columbia tandem I received in trade along with 2 other bikes. I did a complete makeover to it using the mint Troxel seats off the other bikes I got with it and 99.9% of the original parts ( even the orig D.I.D chain) with only the rear bars and tires and tubes needing replacement and I changed the color of the grips.The bike was covered in surface rust and a inch of dirt from sitting in a barn for more then 40 years. The wife and I didn't like it and by chance someone that saw another bike I had listed on CL asked if I had a old tandem I could fix up for him (he liked a build I did on a old Ross Beach Cruiser and listed on CL) he offered me $280 for the tandem so it was a no brainer to sell it to him,I just got a email from the guy who bought it and he is a life guard in Ocean City NJ and loves it and rides it to work everyday and wants me to keep an eye out for more because his friends now have to have one and they liked my work,it's great to get letters like that.

Before

After

Last edited by Glennfordx4; 08-07-09 at 09:05 AM.