Thread: Bike Order?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 06:32 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tsl
As the owner of a yellow bike, I can say with confidence, yellow is the faster color.
1+

I got and Immortal Pro in March and I love it. Bike arrived on time and in perfect shape. I have no regrets, and I Highly recommend it to the right person. Note that there is some assembly, and expect to have to do some adjustments, and true the wheels, or take it to a good LBS and spend $100.

Note that unless they got a new shipment in, your size may not be available in black. I was going to black but they were out in 56cm. I love the yellow. And it is the fastest color.

I also spend $100 and got a professional fit. Well worth it. Highly recommended.

Just got new wheels, the Blackrace set from Bike Wheel Warehouse. The stock Shimano WH R500s are very heavy but serviceable. The Blacerace set is over a pound lighter, and faster. I'm going to put some 700 x 28s on the 500s and use it for some "off road" rides on dirt and gravel roads in the everglades.

Consider also the Bottecchia available on ebay. It's the same company (bikesdirect.) The Bottecchia is a compact frame, so the sizing is a little different from the Immortal which is a classic straight bar.

So long as you can do the work needed, or are willing to spend the $100 or so to get it tuned and adjusted, you will get a great bike for a great price. And don't forget the pro fit. I thought I had my bike "dialed in" but I was getting some pains here and there. The fitting tech said "boy, this bike is really close. Most of the ones I see are way out" Despite that, the little changes he made made a big difference and both comfort and speed. Amazing.

Anyway, good luck. If you can do what I said, pull the trigger.

Expect to hear a lot of BD detractors. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.