View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 07:23 PM
Gary Fountain

Bikes: Colnago (82, 85, 89, 90, 91, 96, 03), 85 Cinelli, 90 Rossin, 83 Alan, 82 Bianchi, 78 Fountain, 2 x Pinarello, Malvern Star (37), Hillman (70's), 80's Beretto Lo-Pro Track, 80's Kenevans Lo-Pro, Columbus Max (95), DeGrandi (80's) Track.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 60 Posts
Hi Searjeo,

It's been a pleasure to read your thread and I will take a keen interest in the progress of your Gillott. It is a respected brand and a good place to start an interest in vintage and classic bikes. It sounds like you 'have the bug'.

I too, started an interest in bikes at a similar age. I'm now 55 and have never regretted my passion for bikes. You meet some wonderful people and will share an interest that can be a life long adventure.

Being Australian, I started my interest with a well respected Australian made bike. Unfortunately I sold it off to purchase another bike. I wish I still had that bike, I loved it and it took me to many places. I would like to be able to look back at it to see how far I have come.

You seem to have a good 'feel' for bikes and are asking all the right questions. This forum is a wonderful resource as there is always someone with great advice and experience in the things you are interested in.

Have a great time with your Gillott,

Gary Fountain.

Last edited by Gary Fountain; 08-08-09 at 07:24 PM. Reason: change word