View Single Post
Old 08-10-09, 02:59 PM
bikeguy
Florida rider

Bikes: Ticycle (custom Ti duraace front to back) --- Specialized Roubaix Pro ---- Specialized S Works Epic----Co-motion Speedster Co-pilot (delivery 11/15)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beware of UPS... the quoted $$ is just a quote.

I gave them the measurements and weight to the 1/10th of an ounce and they "quoted" me a price.

They actually told me it was the price (s) for the 4 bikes I was shipping from Orlando to Astoria Oregon.

Well imagine my surprise when we were half way across Idaho and I get the email with the price about 30% higher in an e-mail confirmation.

Hmmm... I called and eventually got escalated to senior management in Atlanta--- who said it was a quote not a firm price. I replied I was told it was based on distance shipped --- weight --- and size.

Was it off in distance--- NOPE the cities had not moved
Was I off in my measurements? ---- NO dead on...
Weight??? Nope

He said it was like an price in the store ---subject to Change Hmmm--- the difference is in a store if the milk is marked $3 per gallon and at the checkout it is $4 ---- I can leave it and not buy it ---ONCE I SHIP IT THERE IS NO OPTION

STAY AWAY FROM UPS

I now fly southwest and have a coupled bike -- no fee other than the one I paid to buy it