BookFinder 
Lifelong wheel gazer ...

Bikes: All garage sale finds...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
Almost certainly, some people look at non-helmeted riders with "scorn". It's quite likely too that some people look at helmeted riders with scorn.

Unlike what you are implying, it certainly isn't all of them. You have no idea if it's even a majority of them!

I see lots of people who don't wear helmets. I don't think much about it. They'd have to do much more to earn my scorn!
FWIW, I don't "scorn" people who choose not to wear a helmet. That said, neither do I buy the "well, he (or she) died doing something they loved" line of malarkey as an adequate response to having treated the risk with scorn.

So if another cyclist opts to take their chances without the helmet, that is their prerogative. My choice is to take my chances with the helmet.

Life is filled with paradoxes.

Status quo is the mental bastion of the intellectually lethargic...