View Single Post
Old 08-11-09, 01:51 PM
  #18  
waverley610
waverley610
 
waverley610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Straight out of Surrey
Posts: 77

Bikes: ~ Unknown 1930's double top tube roadster ~ 1954 JAMES Arrow Ace hub geared club machine ~ 1959 All Steel Raleigh ~

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A warning about Oxalic Acid a chemical which I've been using as a cleanser for over 30 years in my line of work:

Here in the UK it comes under the 'Poisons act' and is not at all easy to buy 'off the shelf';
it's a white salt-like crystal which is dissolved in warm water or Methylated Spirits.

It does not burn or sting but you should still wear latex gloves when using, also rinse the job off with clean water afterwards.. most importantly wash your hands with soap and water after use
otherwise you could risk a severe bout of vomiting and illness if it gets near your mouth.
waverley610 is offline