View Single Post
Old 03-01-05, 06:39 PM
nocoins
Philly bike nerd

Bikes: 2003 Fuji Track Bike,Pink Univega, Mixed part BMX, Early 70's Columbia Tandem, Orange and Cream Fixed gear Pursuit bike (Puig), random bikes made from spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the Kryptonite Chain that I do wear around my waist. I took the sleeve off of it because I cinch it down a few links (i am skinny). I got the NYC chain because I needed a replacement when I sent back my Krypto U-Lock. I like the chain much better. Its heavy but I feel safer when I lock up, plus I like to lock up my back wheel and frame to poles and sheit like that. If I lock up to a meter, I can just cinch it down a few links. Its also nice for when I ride with the girlfriend and we both need to lock up our bikes, I just use the chain instead of trying to get 2 Ulocks around one area, or ulocking to a pole and then have her ulock to my frame. Less mess. I did like having the ulock tucked into the back of my pants though, I felt like I had a weapon if needed, now that I wear the chain around my waist I tend to lock it on myself so I dont really have easy access in an emergency, but then again, when will I REALLY need that.