Old 08-12-09, 09:33 AM
Duce97

Bikes: Mongoose Snare

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr IGH
If you ride at Palos, I am sure that fork will hold on. If you ride the Blue loop at the Kettle with that fork and don't bottom it out, you're not riding very hard. My 12 year old bottomed out a stock Dart 2 on the Blue loop, he weighed 120lbs. It's not a single jump that is the issue. A long series of jumps and bumps will bottom out low cost forks because they can't rebound, esp if you load the pre-load. And I saw that very Bontrager rim taco'ed out at the connector trail at the Kettle, poor guy was facing a 5 mile walk back to his car....he wasn't a Clyde

Matter of fact i have been to kettle on all 4 of my bikes. My 4300 has been on the blue trail and yes i rode it soft. Your going beyond what the bike was built for by treks standards on the blue trail but my fuel loved the blue trail.. I rode it a bit harder on the green trail with the preload set about halfway and had zero problems .

Id like to know how he taco'ed that rim ....but then again ive seen dt swiss rims taco'ed at farmdale in illinois so i guess anything is possible. I dont ride palos much im a bit south of there plus its over corwded. I ride Matthiessen , farmdale , Jubilee and lots of private trails.