View Single Post
Old 08-14-09, 10:00 AM
BND10706

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I want to thank everyone for their input.
I also want to thank the person who said "im on a boat" because now I have that song stuck in my head.

I just want to say that when I was home, I rode about 20 miles 3 times a day and 60-70 miles on sundays, so its not like I did/am not training for a longer ride. My current deployment status just only gives me a short time to workout.

Reading this bonk training is interesting and feeds into what I have always read on working out early morning on an empty stomach. When I was in high school my soccer coach use to make us do that and I was in some lean shape.

I think though for my situation it will become a mixture of both, with a focus doing in the morning as much as possible. But I will have some night workouts in there as well.

And just to add as a side note. I dont ride in the streets anyways, and I am from Florida and I much perfer a morning ride because of the heat and rain. I am fortunate enough to live near a 60miles paved road and a 11 mile paved loop so I have never had to ride in the street, so that never was a factor.

Thanks again for all the input. Keep the ideas flowing!