View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 02:18 PM
cruiserhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by reef58
The guy asked a legitimate question, and you guys are acting like a bunch of 3 year olds. I will go out on a limb. I try not to buy anything made from China if I can help it. I don't obsess over it. I was looking at an entry level Specialized MTB, right on the frame made in China. No entry level Specialized for me.

I try to support Americam manufacturers "if" I can. I bought a Makita miter saw it is made in Georgia. I understand the global economy, and how nothing is 100% USA made anymore, but I try. There is nothing wrong with that.

Any wood workers here? Try and find a table saw made in the US. I did and could not. I ended up with a $2000 table saw made in China and the top was .020 from being flat. 20/1000 is a lot by the way. I went back to where I bought the saw and checked the display, and it had a top out of flat. How hard is it to make a flat cast iron deck. I don't think the Chinese have nailed that yet. The replacement top was also out of flat. Luckily I have machine shop experience.

I choose not to go downhill at 30 plus MPH on a frame made with the same tech as the table saw. My choice. Don't care if you do.

I could go on and on, but I look forward to the mocking.

Richard
Boy, I totally agree with you here. This is the same thought process when buying products nowadays.

woodworking (as well as furniture design) has been gutted by really disgusting business practices by the Chinese. I see the same in the Chinese auto industry. This type of thing, I just cannot support with my dollars.

So just like you, it doesn't rule my life but I definitely check and try to buy made in the USA and definitely pass on MIC. I don't need anything THAT bad that it bothers my conscience.