View Single Post
Old 03-03-05, 04:22 PM
53-11_alltheway
"Great One"

Location: Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patriot
This is kind of why I have avoided the Ksyriums. They are a nice looking wheel, but there are so many mixed reviews, it's kind of hard for me to take the chance, when I know I can fork over just a little extra cash and get a little more peace of mind with Rolf Primas.
I really love the graphics though. But, one thing I hate probably more than anything else, is broken spokes. All I can say is, it seems there are more and more wheelsets coming out in the same weight and durability range for less money nowadays, so the Mavics will start losing customers if they don't do a few things to change the way they do business. They can either drop the price to compete, or really step-up their QA to ensure bulletproof wheels.

Just my 0.02.
You can get the Elites for $450 now. They are getting cheap.

Originally Posted by buddha631
I have a pair of the Ksyrium SSC SLs and with 2,000 miles on them, broke a spoke. I was coming around a bend when it sounded like a firecracker went off under my wheel. Sure enough, a broken spoke.
Was it a front or rear spoke? What part of the spoke broke.

Last edited by 53-11_alltheway; 03-03-05 at 04:27 PM.