jonTu
C'mon DJ...

Bikes: '02 Cervelo Prodigy, '97 Olmo Gara Pista track, '03 Redline Conquest Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Discerning a Cervelo SuperProdigy from a Prodigy

Let me poll the endless knowledge of bikeForums, because someone out there must have an answer to this: I just purchased a 2002 Cervelo Prodigy. I'm very excited, as this is something of a dream bike for me, and the sweet ride is only sweetened by the sweet deal I got on it. I know that in 2002 a number of Prodigies were built with the lighter Renaissance tubeset spec and painted like any other Prodigy, thus the mysterious 2002 Cervelo "SuperProdigy." I love the bike either way, and it was a great deal either way, but as the criminal dude says in Dirty Harry, "I got's to know!"

So my question: is there a way to discern without stripping it down to the frame and weighing it? I don't really have access to a percision scale, though if it's the only way I'll find one. If I do have to weigh it, what numbers am I looking for? Does anyone know how many SuperProdigies are out there painted as Prodigies anyhow? I've heard so many stories about it that it seems like a substantial percentage of the production run, but I've never actually seen one or met anyone who owns one, so it's something of a chimera.

Thanks in advance for the tips.