Old 03-03-05, 06:34 PM
HydnTalent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie ISO entry-level CLWB - recommendations?

Hi!

I am shopping for my first recumbent.
About 2 years ago, I took short test-rides on the BikeE (all models), Cannondale Easy Rider, Sun EZ-1, and a Rans Wave and Tailwind. From those rides, I decided I really wanted a recumbent. My favorite was the Cannondale Easy Rider, but it was too expensive. I've saved a little more money, and am now seriously shopping. But the market has changed somewhat in the last couple of years...

My wife was intrigued with the 'bents, and wants me to get a CLWB that she can ride when I'm not riding it.

I'm torn - should I stick with an entry-level bike, or purchase a more expensive, higher quality one?
My wife and I aren't interested in speed or performance, just comfort, recreation, and fitness.

At this time, I am considering a number of bikes: Cannondale 'Bent I/II, Sun EZ-1SC & EZ Sport, Maxarya Ray-1/Rar-1X, Cycle Genius, and (someday?!) Big-Ha.

Is there a decent entry-level bike that will fit both me and my wife? She is 5'3" (120 lbs) and I'm 6'0" (225 lbs). I ride faster than she does, so she doesn't think she will want to ride with me. One bike that we can both use (that's easily adjustable) would be ideal right now. My wife will end up adopting it later, when I upgrade to a higher level bike.

Any feedback from those of you who have ridden this "newbie" path before? Suggestions and advice are very welcome!

Thanks! =)