terraskye
Retro Prairie Girl

Bikes: 78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Help finding a suitable bike for hauling a chariot

I go back to work next week, I'm a live-out Nanny and the mother of the kids I watch brought up the idea of me picking up the boys from school using either her or her husbands bike with their chariot attached. I'd rather use a bike of my own but I don't feel comfortable yet biking during rush hour traffic to their house either ( its about 45 minutes via public transit now anyways ) so I'm toying with the idea of buying another bike to leave at their house that I can use either to pick up the kids for for bike rids together after school. My only criteria is that it has a step through frame and be no more than 500$ Canadian. I also have to convince my husband that its a good idea.

So please I need suggestions on models that are good and available in Alberta with the type of frame I need that would also be good for pulling a trailer.

I was looking at either the Trek 7000 or 7100WSD would love either opinions or alternatives. Oh good resell value would be good too as I'd only use it this school year and the next and then wont need it probably anymore.

P.S. The bus I take doesn't have the bike rack in front and the transit train doesnt allow bikes on board during rush hour or I'd use the hybrid I have now.

Thanks in advance