Old 07-23-02, 09:01 PM
Flintlock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Questions from newbie

Hi everone,
I'm new here, and really appreciate this informative site. I haven't ridden seriously in about 11 years (used to ride an old heavy Schwinn) a good number of miles on the road only. The wife recently got it into her head for the both of us to get mountain bikes, so as of Saturday we purchased two Gary Fisher Tassajara's (2003 models) $559 each. Please tell me we did o.k. for newbies. We're both looking mainly to ride on established bike trails, paved bike paths, and occasionally XC or singletrack. I'm the much more aggressive rider, but I'm not going to be beating the daylights out of this guy for a while, until I get used to it. We were only able to ride about an hour on Saturday, and this was only on asphalt, but so far I'm impressed. The bike handles fine shifts flawlessly, and actually has much less rolling resistance than I expected. A few questions, what accesories would you recommend???? and any tips would be apreciated. So far I put two water bottles on each bike, purchased a Zefal HP husky pump for the garage, and some Pro link chain lube from the dealer. What tips/accessories do you guys recommend?? Thanx.