View Single Post
Old 08-25-09, 12:30 PM
Bobby Lex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SMT2005
Here is a situation that happened this weekend at a local RR.
A guy in the pack (friend of mine actually) was actively blocking and trying to slow the pace. Myself and 1 of his teammates were off the front. He made it incredibly obvious what he was doing, but also was being pretty loud and depending on how you look at it, obnoxious.

At one point after the pack came around a corner he started yelling "hold up! Hold up!"
As they called out time splits he would regurgitate them into something completely inaccurate. And another time he told a rider on the front that one of his teammates wanted to talk to him on the back of the pack. Believe it or not, the guy quite pulling and went to the back!

Now I guess if I was in a pack with a guy like that I would either, A. laugh, or B. Ignore and keep racing.
But this group got very pissed with him (didn't help that they crashed near the finish) and several people chewed his ass after the race.

Just curious how you would react
I would never find myself in a pack like that, because I upgraded from a Cat. 5 a long time ago.

Bob

P.S. If you were off the front with a teammate, how do you happen to know every detail about what this dude was saying and doing back in the main pack? Wait a minute....no...it couldn't be.....[this "friend" of mine in the pack]....that was YOU, wasn't it? OMG, you're THAT guy!

Busted!