View Single Post
Old 05-17-01, 09:07 PM
nebill

Bikes: '76 Schwinn Paramout (Liberty) and an '89 Paramount (ol' Blue)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ba-Dg-Er, that reminds me of something funny that happened at the end of the ride. Myself and the experienced rider had been riding together for about 9 miles, maintaining a nice steady cadence and speed. We did not pass a pedestrian waving a green flag, nor a set of lights like they start drag races with, but before you knew it we were both leaning on the pedals and grabbing higher gears for the last half mile! I remember thinking this was funny, but I wasn't about to give in!! I guess even us old, fat newbies can get a little shot of testosterone once in a while!! I did manage to stay in the lead, so it was the perfect ending to the perfect evening!! I like the idea of the graded rides, that sounds cool! This club is planning a century ride in Sepember...I don't know if I could do one of those or not.....but I will have to keep trying! To give you an idea of how crazy (?) I am, on Saturday I am picking up another Fuji bike, this time a road bike! I think I will change my handle to "FUJIDUDE!" I've been riding for almost a month, and I have 297 miles on my Fuji hybrid, and I am really excited about getting a road bike! Well, that is probably about enough for this time! Thanks to all for the kind words!! Keep spinning! Bill, the FUJIDUDE!!