Old 08-26-09, 08:54 PM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Performance bibs

A few weeks ago I picked up some Performance Ultra 2 bibs. While I was suiting up this morning I noticed that the crotch was wearing through already. Right where, I had my on going chafing problem.Last week, I told my wife to follow me for a while and watch my legs and tell me if I'm kicking in or out. Sure enough I had my leg canted and pedaling with my ankle in and my knee looked like it was all over the place, but you really had to watch it, as it was very minor. I picked up some varus wedges for my shoes and put 1 in each shoe. After a 20 mile ride I noticed my left knee started bothering me and as the day wore on it hurt a little more. I took the wedge out of the left shoe and left the right one in. Today I had to focus on my right leg to keep it going up and down, straight as it should be. Anyhow after 35 miles I came back and checked myself out and it was all clear. Just a little red as it would be if you were sitting in a chair.

After all this time with saddles and shorts it was my pedaling, that was the culprit. Anyhow I took the bibs back to Performance. He asked if the saddle wore the shorts out and I told him I've been using a Brooks Swift and it's pretty smooth, so I didn't think that was the problem. They gave me a complete refund. I have to say, I think the Ultra 2 was more comfortable than the Hammer bibs.

I came home and order some Voler bibs and I hope they wear as good as the Hammer bibs.If they work out I'll order more later. I'm really happy I finally found out what it was, that was causing the chafing.

Also, one of the moderators sent me an e-mail last night and told me someone was trying to hack into my password. He told me they tried 5 times, before giving up. If any of you have an easy password you may think about making it a little harder. Mine is difficult, but I just made it more difficult.