View Single Post
Old 03-07-05, 09:50 PM
FLyBOy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMXTRIX
FLYBOY: Don't answer for others - I wasn't talking to you.

You want to hear some straight up truth that applies to this question almost every time it is asked instead of a reminder to look before you leap - fine, here it is.

(Copy and paste the response below to every single 13 year old that asks this question which is, in my last count, about 150 times a year that I hear it.)

Your bike is crap, you wasted your money on it and there is much higher quality for the price you spent. You could have gotten yourself on a bike with better parts, better geometry, better components - just all around BETTER, and spent almost the same amount of money. Please take the bike back to the rip-off shop you got it from, get your money back, and put it towards a bike that actually offers you some value for your dollar instead of a rip-off piece o' junk bike like you currently have.

That's probably NOT what you want to hear, but is just the truth.

NOTE: We still don't know the actual bike or the amount paid for the one listed in this entire thread, so I have no idea if what I said is accurate. But, my prior post is dead on - asking after you have already purchased something is bass-ackwards.

Ok, ok, you are right and I am wrong, and I'm sorry for my dumb post on what you said earlier. Yes, my bike is crap compared to your guys bikes, and yes it will probably break in two years or so, but when I bought it I had NO idea of how many bikes there were on the market, and I thought that it would be a good starter bike, wich it is. And I know that you know a hell of alot more than I do about everything bmx, so when some kid asks you a question for the sixth time in the same day it can get a little annoying, and I'm sorry (again) by my dumb questions and dumb responses to your posts. Please except my appology. And it doesn't matter what the hell any of you guys think about my bike, so I don't know why I asked a stupid question like: "Is my bike any good?"; maybe it was because I wanted to be accepted by you, I don't know. But all I know is that I've bought the bike already, and it's working out perfectly for me and I believe it still will for quite awhile, so what's done is done and I'll just have to live with it. So again, thanks for putting up with my crap, and sorry for the stupid questions and responses.

Originally Posted by BEERMAN
Well, as we all know, 90% of people who think "is my bike good" after buying it generally last less than a year, anyway.

I don't care what you think of me or my bike. And intend to keep getting better on my bike, and I'm working at it as much as I can. And besides, how would you know that? Do you find these things on the internet and then go preach them? I'm not even going to try Beerman, I know it doesn't make any difference. So to hell with it all.