View Single Post
Old 09-04-09, 10:53 AM
Joako

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turnstyle
Another question -- my understanding is that one of the nice things about the Swift is that it takes standard-sized parts -- but are the front stem and seat post standard-sized?

ie, apart from Xootr, where can one get replacements for those?
You can buy a front stem in any bike store. It uses a 1 1/8 or 28.6 stem. You can also make your own aluminum stem riser to reduce weight. As for the seatpost it uses a 34mm one, which is the same as size as the Dahon bikes. Try thor or gaerlan for the seatpost.

Originally Posted by rickybails
Juicy gossip you've after eh? Well I think there'll be a few people get excited about this...

Peter has been distracted on another, and IMO more fruitful project (for me anyway as I race on the swift). It's a carbon project with a custom carbon fork (long steerer so no riser needed) and carbon wheels. Not so practical for the daily commute as tyres are tubular but the bike as pictured weights 14.5 lbs. That's if I'm managed to attach the 2 pictures.

Post is a thinwall Dahon one.

Fork is a special order and once Peter has finished testing it he'll be ordering a batch. I'm first on the list BTW.
OOOHHHHHHH

The frame looks like a regular aluminum one. No wonder why Peter is mostly away.