View Single Post
Old 09-04-09, 03:14 PM
DX Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There isn't a free clinic anywhere in the pacific NW? If it was an Ligament and it was a major tear there would be some type of swelling and the knee would be weak on the opposite side, as in collapsing when you put your weight on it. If it's not a major tear or it sprained, the only thing they would do tell you to rest it initally and than physical therapy, no surgery, since minor tears and sprains will heal themselves.

I have a torn rotator cuff and my doctor told me it's not severe enough to operate.

Originally Posted by vkalia
Sort of out-of-left-field, but consider flying to a country with inexpensive medical care...?
For example, around these parts, you could get that treated for <$50 (going to a dentist and having a wisdom tooth extracted cost me $6... I nearly keeled over in surprise when he told me the amount, as I was expecting atleast a couple of more zeroes at the end).
V.
I hold no hope that the cost of medical care in this country will ever change. I caught part of an interview, I didn't catch a name, with a senator that is involved with legislation for healthcare reform. The interviewer point blank asked him what his thoughts were on the fact that statisitcally speaking, we don't have the best health care in the civilized world, we have the most expensive. The politician ducked that question like hot lava.

Personally, I work in the health care industry and the biggest problem with health care reform is that the people making the decisions don't have a grasp on how complex of the issues involved. The problems aren't even close to black and white and most outsiders don't understand that.

Politicians with no personal experience, other than as a patient, in the health care field should not be the only one's involved in the process. THAT's a major reason where here is this mess now.

Last edited by DX Rider; 09-04-09 at 03:33 PM.