Old 09-06-09, 09:29 PM
will dehne

Bikes: Trek 7700, C'dale R2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by curdog
I've finally decided to avoid the road bike forums for good. What I often found there was a small group of individuals who dominate the conversation. So-called experts who can't discuss a subject because they are always right.
This forum is really a breath of fresh air. Information in this forum is very valuable to those of us trying to learn. Along with this, there seems a real sense of community that doesn't exist on any other board which I have monitored. The closest thing to insult I've seen on this forum is a friendly joke. Rarely a flame.
I only hope that I can feel a part of this community soon.
I have had very good feedback in Road Cycling Sub-Forum, Touring, Training & Nutrition, Long Distance Cycling.
In fact I started out with the other Sub-Forums because I got more useful information there.
The Fifty Plus (50+) Sub Forum is a more friendly place but not as performance oriented as some of the other Sub-Forums. A little more of a social club I think but there are some exceptions here also.
As I started out I knew almost nothing about Performance biking. However I decided to bike fast across the USA. I remember some guy advising me to get Aero bars on the Touring Sub Forum. Another guy pushed me into watching nutrition more closely and the Road Bikers talk about Nutrition and Cadence and HR all the time. Not to mention the latest gizmo. This Sub-Forum is more likely to make you feel as part of a group. Other Sub-Forum have other priorities I think.