Palomar01
SpeedFreak

Bikes: Motobecane Le Champ Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another SoCal Brat!

Hi All! Another newbie member from SoCal!

I actually started riding road bikes seriously back in high school (that was a looooong time ago). Had a KHS roadbike back then and I could pound out a century every weekend for fun. But that was then and this is now. In the 90's I ditched my road bike and got into mountain biking like most everyone that was old enough to ride back then did. I think 9 out of 10 bikes sold during that era were mountain bikes! Unfortunately, I lost the cycling sickness as I grew older, got married, raised a small family, pursued a career, got into motorcycling in a big way, and gained too much weight! Luckily for me, I found the light again. Started riding my mountain bike on the street three months ago. It had been gathering dust and spiderwebs in the garage. Then I got tired of getting passed by roadies. Now I got a new, entry level road bike to at least keep the speedsters in sight. 3 months into it and I'm feeling great! This cycling stuff does wonders to one's health. Already dropped lbs. and can now climb the hills of Orange County, CA! Having said that, I'm still a newbie compared to many. I'm just having a ton of fun riding and discovering new routes and bike trails around South Orange County. Hoping to learn a lot from this forum.

Last edited by Palomar01; 09-07-09 at 10:07 PM.