View Single Post
Old 09-09-09, 06:52 AM
jdon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
About a year ago, my parents both in their 80's, bought a beautiful townhouse in a Vancouver area suburb.

It is at the foot of the North Shore mountains and has both the Pitt river and Fraser running by. The rivers have dikes with a great trail system that leads through the foothills and really is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts.

The development is a family oriented property but is primarily working couples and retirees.

They just received a batch letter from the strata manger stating that " residents should curtail their childrens outdoor play activities to those that do not make noise, require loud yelling or conversation and that they should discourage excessive laughter from their children. Bikes are not to be ridden in any common areas".

My Mother is a tough 'ol gal who grew up in a depression era "have not" family. She appreciates all she has in life and they have done pretty well. Talking to her about the letter was the first time in my life, I actually heard her weep. She did however, compose herself, wrote the strongest letter I have read in a long time and managed to show the strata manager the door.

I don't know why I posted this but maybe it's just to say, don't get old before your time and stand up to those who would have you do so.

Btw, They both walk and cycle the trails daily, even through the "common areas".

Oh, She also loves to laugh and hear the same from kids.