Old 09-09-09, 09:02 PM
idrinkred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ready to Ride in Dallas

Greetings All!

I am so excited to be here...the weather is cooling in Texas and it's a perfect time for me to get back up on a bike.

A sunset orange Schwinn 10 speed took me everywhere as a teen. Then I got a drivers license. And then I got fat. Really really fat. Thanks to life saving gastric bypass surgery and a lot of really hard work, I've lost 175 pounds and I'm determined to ride far far far away from the days when just climbing a flight of stairs nearly sent my heart pounding out of my chest. Cycling is definitely part of my "live the rest of my life really living" plan.

I've been researching bikes for several weeks now and tonight test drove a few models. Literally it's the first time I've been on a bike since probably 1981. It was incredible and I'm so proud to be able to be up on a bike again! I'm just giddy with excitement and hoping to make a purchase in the next couple weeks. Working out at the gym, spinning and walking is great, but nothing like the empowering, liberating feel of being outside on a bike with your body as the engine propelling you through the wind.

I think I want a hybrid with 700c tires and an 8 speed cassette and stay under 500$ There's a couple more models and LBS to visit before I make up my mind. I'm having a blast exploring and learning though, and this forum has been an ENORMOUS help. So TIA for everything!

See ya out there!