Old 09-11-09, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk View Post
Swing by a chop and ask them to take it off. They shouldn't charge you more than five bucks, and if they don't charge you, then you should buy a couple tubes or something.

I imagine swinging a hammer and punch at it will damage it rather than remove it.
I would go with this. Without the tool, I had to destroy my freewheel to get it off, the tabs cracked away. Either buy the tool, or take it to a shop. The shops around here wouldn't even charge to have it taken off. They might have you sign a receipt for liability, is all.
leed is offline