Old 09-14-09, 08:30 PM
OwnRules

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wanderer, I can't seem to get over the fact that we share diagnosis as for whatever reason I've not found anyone in real life that does. Most people -- myself included prior to this -- talk about "herniated/slipped disks" as common knowledge and yet when they ask me about my condition I am at a loss as to how to make the distinction though I have been made quite aware of same by the neurosurgeons that treat me. In short, they've made me wish for a herniated disk instead.

That said, I am likely one of the least qualified people in this forum to fall into either side of the sort of 'debate' you and meanwhile are having. Seems to me I agree with both of your arguments, which unfortunately, is not helping much in my decision between the two bikes I am going to pick from.

Finally, I am quite a ways from saying that "money is no concern" but by the same token I can spend the price of those two bikes and a bit more without it having any significant impact on my overall financial well-being. So once again I will make the best educated guess that I can and take it from there.

Haven't really read any specific comments about them anyway. For instance, I am curious about the front suspension difference between the two. One is on the front tube itself -- the Quick CX -- and the other has the more conventional suspension on both legs.

---

meanwhile, I realize you're doing your best advice-wise, but I do not wish to build a bike nor order one that has no representative here. You know, "keep it simple, stupid"? That's moi.

So I am going the way of my OP. Should you have any suggestions/preferences between those two I'd love to read them.

Feel better & dream of hot babes.

---

Originally Posted by KShep
I didn't want the extra weight.
Love your bike but yet again, weight to speed ratios are not high on my agenda.

---

Thanks for the replies, all.