View Single Post
Old 09-15-09, 10:51 AM
sh00k

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
inifinite - from trek, you get lifetime on frames, then limited on the components which varies per component. from my bike shop, unlike the shop i got my 1st bike from, they are giving me lifetime free tuneups and any small adjustments. the shop guys said as long as i dont ask them to fix a broken part (for free), they can make as many adjustments as i needed. this was an awesome add in.

riverside - anytime. yeah, i had some headwinds too but when i didnt, the bike FLIES! i do not have a shop, i have a very limited set of tools so that's the other reason why i didnt want to start buying/swapping out parts. i also put air in the tires before each ride until they are rock hard.

on my 1st trip on the greenway, i took a 30 mile ride. from 42nd street, all the way to dykman (210th street or so), then all the way down to battery park, then back to 42nd! i realized that the path beyond 80th street is a little rough /grainy, so i am sticking to 80th street and below from now on. the path is really smooth there and that is where this bike shines. i dont recall any grades, no hills, so i consider that pretty flat.

there is a huge hill on the bike path below the gw bridge. on my trek 7.2, i hit 28mph going down the one time. i am absolutely terrified of trying that hill on the 7.7..... the wheels feel like they want to roll forever. they spin so freely, im sure i can get up to 35mph if not more on that crazy hill. but i definitely dont want to find that out by doing it. LOL.

and as my good friend MattyA had always suggested - there was a significant improvment in speed with the toe clips. i recommend them to anyone that will be riding on a bike path. they are far too dangers (for me, anyway), to ride in the streets with... im very very cautious when riding with them on in the streets. im even considering taking the straps off and keeping the plastic clips on. i'll post pics of my pedals when i get a chance.

Last edited by sh00k; 09-15-09 at 10:57 AM.