View Single Post
Old 03-10-05, 06:48 PM
dylan0483

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for your quick reply. I looked at that book and it definetly looks interesting. To adress your consideration though I have to explain something I left out of the first post.

I am using a "hand-me-down" road bike. I am about 5'7/5'8 and probably would benefit most from around I believe a 52 sized frame. My brother whose bike I am using is around 6ft. (i think the frame is probably around 55-56) the problem I am having is that I want to convert the bike so that it has some tri specific modifications i.e. forward seat post, aero bars, and some other aero features. Unfortunately, since the frame is already too big for me, I cant put a forward seat post on because it would result in me not being able to fit on the bike. Also if I just plunked aero bars on without the seat post I would be forced to stretch too far which would most likely, at least as I understand it, seriously undermine my balance. So, I was hoping to buy a new tri bike but I figured I have the extra time and the resources available to try to learn how to build a bike. If it is too much I certainly understand but I was hoping to see maybe if there is a piece of literature that deals specifically with building like a dummies guide that walks a person through the process. But thank you for your recommendation for the book I am much obliged.
JP