View Single Post
Old 09-16-09, 03:45 PM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks, Ed. Hmmmm . . . hadn't thought about the Ex on the front. My desires for front traction above almost all else are similar, though. I've absolutely loved my 2.5 Excavators on the big bike. They've almost made me forget DHFs. Huh? What's a DHF? (Funny, I looked at my 2.5 Nevs this morning and hadn't realized before how similar the pattern is to the Exs. Like they took Nevs and sent them to summer weight camp to bulk up.) Hadn't really considered the 2.35, thinking it might be too blocky and slow; might have to re-evauate my thinking.

The only thing a 'driftable' rear is really handy for in super-d are the fireroad sections for passing. If you can push someone with no flat tracking skills into a tight, flat corner too hot, there's often a great opportunity to pitch it sideways sans brakes and dive inside them . But most good tires will break loose predictably and progressively, so it's not like you have to go out of your way to find one.

I'll probably go Stick-E with whatever, because we don't really have thorn problems around here - - especially in the mountains. Lots of sharp granite and silty dirt. I want the traction and don't care about wear.

Thanks again all.