Old 09-16-09, 08:42 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PDR
As a British person it seems strange that anyone would want to disclose the fact that they had been to see a shrink... over here going to see a shrink (and telling people about it) is seen as an admission that you have a mental health problem... not something your average Brit is going to want people to know about.

I’ve never had people make fun of my folders, quite the opposite in fact. I get a cross section of people asking about the bike, or even for a demonstration of how it folds. I often catch sight through the corner of my eye those people who are too reserved / shy to say anything watching as I fold the bike on the station platform. Even the hoodies who you expect to take the mick are all interested in that “cool” bike. Only last night on the train there was a little girl of about 2 with her mum looking at the Brompton as I was getting ready for my stop.... so it was a case of “here, you go, this is how you do it”.... they loved it. Folders are a really good conversation piece
I think the man was desperally injecting his brand of humor that seemed to got lost on others-especially people who like a literal discussion on a topic without going all out in other directions that had nothing to do with the original topic-in this case folding bikes. I think he is simply another man looking for some sermblance of a real life. I do wish he stuck with folding bikes, regular bikes-anything but too personal issues. I feel like a "peeping Thomasina."

Originally Posted by invisiblehand
I concluded that the bike is a "chick magnet". The boss concluded that her bike is a "dude magnet".

Both of us are disappointed we didn't have the bikes earlier!
It is a "people magnet" for me. That way everyone is included.

Originally Posted by Joako
That guy has some issues...

And Peter Reich is not a cranky guy as he mentioned.
Naw, just a case of someone trying too hard to be "witty" or something like that.

Originally Posted by alicestrong
Haha!

Thanks, that was a nice read. I love self-deprecating humor and New York neurotics.

And folders, too, of course.
A good way of looking at and reading this article.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 09-19-09 at 08:51 AM.