greenbreezer
Go hula

Bikes: McMahon Ti hardtail, Breezer Storm commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randya
Don't go up against the driver's insurance company on your own. You will get nothing but frustration if you go that route. You need legal assistance if you're going to pursue a claim.

I know that all claims are different, but I recently settled with the insurance company of a woman who hit me with her car and it was actually a fairly easy process. My claim was pretty black and white though: she was totally at fault and luckily for me, her story and my story matched. Only that she insisted that I was "speeding" (yeah right, on a mountain bike with a 44-tooth chainring on a level surface). The hard part of the whole claim process was that I knew they would make a total low-ball offer which I declined, and had to stick to my guns as to why I'm claiming my amount. As long as you have everything documented and have reasonable justifications for what you're claiming, there is no need for an attorney. Also, be prepared for a long process. My claim took 5 months to settle, but I'm satisfied with the results.