View Single Post
Old 03-11-05, 02:29 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a2psyklnut
Agreed that it's not a complicated fork, it just requires a special tool to take it apart. Guess what? Cannondale doesn't sell the tool to anyone except their dealers. To add to that, they are now requesting that the dealers DO NOT tear apart their forks and to just remove them and send them back to Cannondale for repair. They claim a liability issue. Even if you been trained to work on them (from years ago).
Well, this has been several years ago, but my LBS then offered to order the tool for me(as in for my home shop). They already had one, being a Cannondale dealer, and it would've been around $80US from what I remember. I didn't want to pay for the tool when I'd probably only use it once or twice. Guess they don't do that anymore.

@Expatriate: Like I said, the only service my HT had was to replace the internals on my Headshok. The LBS never mentioned any scheduled service and this was 2-3 years after I bought the bike. I probably needed to RTFM. Maybe my Headshoks are so old they don't have as much to screw up on 'em?