View Single Post
Old 09-19-09, 09:23 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks for that as I was looking for it.

Just back and full report will have to go elsewhere.

BUT got to the tour of Britain after parking the car 8 miles away and I was hungry. I had left home at 5am and it was now 8. The Staff at the signing on desk had bought coffee from "Costa Coffee" and they said it was not good and expensive. But we were not far from Charing Cross station and next door to Charing Cross is "Villiers St." One of the noted places in London to find good restaurants and Cafes that are not part of a chain. So I walked there- no-way was I going to ride that bike. 1/2 way up on the right and I saw the cafe I wanted. A Greek patisserie that sold coffee and I asked for a slice of their Apple PIE. Which one?- Apple and cinnamon is the best but there are some others. I Took the Apple and cinnamon. Got back to the bike and It was still warm. The scent of it wafting over my adjacents fellow riders made them hungry and they suddenly dissapeared - only to come back with their pie.

I might like my Cafe on the seafront at Eastbourne But this apple PIE was superb. The fruit was cooked to perfection and the spices mixed into it made it even better- and the Pastry-----

Pic attached but I was a bit busy this morning as I will explain on another post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
09ride.jpg (104.3 KB, 49 views)

Spike Milligan