View Single Post
Old 09-20-09, 01:42 PM
stingray66

Bikes: 1975 schwinn 21 speed chest unit 1973 21 speed schwinn varsity campus green 1975 schwinn varsity chestnut !975 Schwinn varsity cestnut

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Another Philly guy

Hello My Name is Norm a retired ASE master tec actually I on Disability On 4/2000 I fell off a loading dock and my head got in the way of a pole any way I just got in to biking this past June. My Dr retired and They gave me a new one
Which told me I was a diabetic had cancer and to much iron in my blood
Back in june of this year I weight 238 and had high cholesterol first started out walking the I got my schwinn cruiser
Today I weight in at 181 and I owe it all to my bike Also found a new Dr and found out I did NOT have all of these
Problems come to find out they had the wrong blood work on me. Oh well at least it got me moving again and I did lose some pounds
Here up in N/E philly we have penny pack park It is right down the block from me and I ride my bike in the park every day and have really enjoyed this I have upgraded my bike and now think It would be fun to restore old bikes like old cars
Don’t know if you can make a living at it but I have had more fun with my bike this year than I have had in years