View Single Post
Old 09-22-09, 05:56 AM
msincredible
crazy bike girl

Bikes: '07 Orbea Onix, '07 Birdy Yellow, '06 Cannondale Bad Boy (stolen)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vincentnyc
for me it is the opposite...i pass ppl that is on full size bike going up hill and they pass me on flat.
It's often the same for me...and I don't bother to bring my bike shoes with me on my trips, I just use the platform side of my pedals.

Last trip I passed someone on a Cervelo while climbing the park at Torrey Pines (San Diego)! I said "nice bike" as I passed on my clown bike. Was that mean?

On flats and downhills I have no chance of keeping up, my fat tires, suspension, and lack of top-end gearing keep me slow. Uphills are the only place I might keep up or pass someone on a road bike.

Although I'm slower climbing on the folder than I am on my road bike (heavier weight and suspension not to mention the tendency to wheelie on steeper bits), if I am in better climbing shape than someone else and the grade is steep/long enough, that will outweigh bike differences.