Old 09-23-09, 09:15 AM
nkfrench 

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Ruby Pro aka "Rhubarb" / and a backup road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Doohickie.
Oakmonster seems to have some heavy bad bike karma. Last storm I tried to beat (a few weeks ago) hit while I was sitting atop it waiting forever to get across Bryant Irvin. Best part was that I was covered in pretty pink crape myrtle flowers stuck to me ... until that wall of rain hit me. Did you get that too? It always seems like a headwind climbing it; half the time the sweet downhill morning ride has a headwind too. So unfair.

Glad you got home before the storm hit. It was sheeting rain and very poor visibility and some high water on streets by 8pm. Not good for cars let alone a cyclist.

Do you have the spoke fixed? My new r/t commute is about 31 miles so you are going to need to be back up on the bike ASAP if you have *any* ambitions to *win* the local Commuter Mileage "conflict/police action" that you may have started (whether you realize it or not.)

A friend of mine had a spate of busted spokes last fall. It cascaded when he continued riding while one was busted. He is not Clyde but still rides hard on his aging steel bike and has a fit solid physique.

BTW Ran into your buddy Michael F this morning near the main plant gate, chatted at the red light.