Old 09-24-09, 07:25 AM
Fat Ralph

Bikes: 2008 San Jose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know I'm not supposed to post till Monday, but I'm starting my program today and I wanted to try and get involved with something that might help me stay committed to what I'm doing as soon as I started.

I used to be really active and then I had two really bad accidents. The second one was about three weeks after I finally healed up from the first. It put me out of commission for almost a year all told. I've been so out of shape and I've lost so much muscle mass that I haven't wanted anything to do with the active things I did before the accidents. I have been embarrassed to get involved because of the poor physical shape I'm in.

I know it's not my fault about the injuries and the initial weight gain, but it is my fault that I haven't done anything to fix it sooner.

So today I am giving up partying (during the week anyways), and pity parties are a thing of the past.

I'm going to start commuting to and from school. It's 14 miles each way so my plan is to drive 10 miles and bike 4 at first and increase that amount as I'm able.

Thanks for having this thread