View Single Post
Old 09-24-09, 12:31 PM
blowakilo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HillRider
That's just operator. He's the forum's current curmudgeon and seem to forget he too didn't know everything at one time.
First of all I'm not old, and secondly, I am used to a forum where people don't as soon as someone starts swearing or becomes agitated, in fact it is encouraged. That one time when I didn't know everything is right know, hence why I am asking this question. People get so freakin' upset over nothing these days, sheesh! Its the internet bro's and broette's.

In all seriousness, I tried loosening the limit screws and it did help, but the rear dérailleur would still not force the chain down any lower. Once loose, it would however move more freely and even move further up toward the spokes, obviously not a good thing. It seems like the shifter is set thinking the chain is on the smallest cog, when really it is on the opposite side on the biggest. I just cannot get it to move downward since the dérailleur will not budge. I think I am just going to take the entire thing apart and re build it. Thanks to a wonderful shop in my town I am now just starting to learn, for free, how to build/maintain a bicycle. I see bicycle mechanics in your future! Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and didn't cry as soon as I attempted to swear, obviously I am the uber noobian to this board and posted s h i t without any spaces.
Sorry for the wall of text.