Old 03-13-05, 02:35 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A question about washing my face, perhaps the ladies of the forum can help.

Many of you know I require a CPAP to sleep at night. For those that don't know what a CPAP is used for please PM me or do a google search. Before I retire to bed for the night I wash my face with hot water & a wash cloth so the mask, which is made of silicon will have a good seal & prevent the air from leaking from around it.

This summer I plan on doing a lot of camping as I didn't do any last year at all. Using electricity to operate the CPAP is not going to be a problem. I have a DC power source or the camp grounds wave electrical outlets at the camp sites. The problem will be however is how to wash my face. I could probably walk to the shower house & use the sink there in camp grounds that have the facilities. The problem with that is by the time I get back to my tent, because of the humidity & could sweat thus the effort taken to wash my face will have been in vain. I could also boil a pot of water over the open fire pit or use my camp stove, dip the wash cloth in it & wash my face that way, then retire to bed before I start to sweat. One problem with that though is during bike rides like RAGBRAI no open fires or the use of camp the use of camp stoves are permitted in most areas.

So this leaves me with how to wash my face. Is there some kind of astringent I could use? Noxema perhaps? Please advise me on this. I would like it to be something that will not cause dry skin if possible, like alcohol can if used a lot. I have heard of witch hazel, but is it effective at cleaning off the oils & sweat from my skin?

Thank you.

John