View Single Post
Old 09-28-09, 10:45 AM
ttl999

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NOOB from DFW TX

Hey guys I just signed up with the forum today. I live in DFW area (bedford, texas). I am currently riding MTB: 2007 Titus moto-lite, Commuter: 1998 Marin Palisades trail. I know I know not ideal for commuting, working on getting a road bike for the commute and recreational road riding. I hope to have an entry level cheap road bike by the end of the month.

I started mountain biking about 10 years ago but nothing hardcore. Then lost interest and time about 3 years ago. Thanks to some friends and new concerns for the ever increasing growth of my belly I got back in the saddle about 3 or 4 months ago with a new mountain bike build and vigor to get back into shape. Then about 2 months ago my car blew its engine which forced me to become a commuter. I love it! 8 miles each way. My wife says I am a different person. I guess the time on the bike gets me ready for my day in the morning and helps me blow off steam in the afternoon.

Now that I am getting more serious about biking I have joined bikeforum.net to help me with technical tips on getting the most out of every ride. I have no idea how to keep cadence, breath correctly, and all that other good stuff that makes a good rider and the time on the bike more enjoyable.

I look forward to learning and becoming part of this community.