View Single Post
Old 07-29-02, 11:31 PM
John C. Ratliff

Bikes: Rans Stratus, Trek 1420, Rivendell Rambouillet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There was an article in today's Oregonian (it's probably in OregonLive, on line too) about Dr. Craig Nichols. He's the Oregon Health Sciences University physician who's the expert in testicular cancer who treated Lance. My wife worked with him (she's a hospital pharmacist), and saw him at work at OHSU on Thursday. Today, she found out that he was in Paris for Lance's triumph Sunday. It explained how he approached the treatment of Lance's cancer, and his responsibilities as a survivor, then went on to explain how Lance has set up the Lance Armstrong Foundation:

www.laf.org

I am very happy for what Lance has accomplished since his cure, and the hope he continues to bring to concer victims worldwide.

I watched the tour on OLN--got the channel just for that, and will return the box soon. We taped much of the tour. What struck me was that this was a tour of France. We were treated to glimpses of France I could not have gotten any other way, and the photography was nothing short of spectacular. It not only showed the bicycling, but also France itself, in a way no other television medium could match. Overall, it made my July.

Congratulations Lance, and keep up the great work.

John