View Single Post
Old 03-15-05, 04:15 PM
Helmet-Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I never said that your specific questioning of whether the course has been taught in 20 years was unsubstantiated. I don't know whether it's true or not. I know I will try my best to get my daughter and her schoolmates to learn it.

An example of your unsubstantiated criticism is this: "juggled, fabricated and extrapolated beyond all credible reason" and "an example of Forester's habit of using outrageous statistical distortions in order to bamboozle the gullible about the effectiveness of his course."

As to why (if true) "NO educational, safety or government organization endorse(s) or sponsor(s) it", I think the bigger question is why there is NO educational, safety or government organization endorsing or sponsoring ANY decent cycling education program for children. I hasten to add, that if they did, they probably would adopt Forester's program, or something like it.

By the way, the EC for adults program IS of course endorsed and sponsored by a "educational, safety or government organization": the LAB (bikeleague.org), and many cycling advocacy organizations (like sdcbc.org).

Serge