View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 08:21 PM
GriD 9 BMX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie Help

Ok I'm a new member just signed up today.

I'm a drummer and i put that before anything else, but you can only practise one thing so muchon drums and i have gotten to that point where you need to learn new stuff all the time because you can play relatively well. So i started to bike, my brother has been biking like 2 - 3 months and seems to be decent at it, so i came up with him one time and found it was tons of fun.

So i ride a GT Performer. The year is somewhere in 02 - 1 i think it;s 04 but i'm not sure. And well i'm looking to get a new bike, because well it's falling apart.. you have to fix the handles each time you jump, it's small now...

So i am familiar with a GT Performer. I was looking to gt a 09 or 10 Performer if they come out with one but i was to do some research first. I dont know any other bikes really. I do "Dirt Jumping" My bro pretty much runs a public place, seems to know everyone their and is the main dude working and maintaining the jump and such. But ya i wan't to get a new bike. My GT is about 33Pounds with-out pegs, pretty heavy for a BMX i was told and i am looking for something lighter, maybe like 28 or under.

What i want in the bike:

• Under $480 prefereably
• Something sturdy
• Under 28Pounds prefereably
• a 20'' or 22'' frame if they even make that.
I'm not looking for much but ya it could help if i could get some feedback list a good BMX or even talk about the 09 Perfermer if you know it

Well thanks for reading.