genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by aadhils
Heh I don't really have "fear" when riding. Just more adrenaline now and then if there are close shaves. But I'm still young (25) so I haven't learnt the meaning of fear yet

One thing to note though; Cycling looks more unappealing and scary from inside a car than when on the saddle.
Often it is not "fear," but anger that others cannot share the road with the same respect that we might have.

I do have to agree that most of the time there are no issues. But it really chaps my hide when someone does intentionally go out of their way to make your life a bit miserable.

The motorists I "fear" are the ones that aren't paying attention.

I do however quite enjoy the rare and occasional praise. I remember one Thanksgiving morning I was out for a bit of a leg stretch and had taken the lane on this narrow winding downhill road. As I approached a stop sign and moved over to let one car pass, I noticed the passenger window rolling down... and I braced for some onslaught. As the car stopped the passenger let out a "Happy Thanksgiving," and they then drove on. Made my day.