Old 10-06-09, 07:50 AM
brakemeister
New usename ThorUSA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
one thing is interesting ....

Gates: I have been on their booth last year and again this year asking them if they can come up with a fitting solution for a Dahon MU ( without sacrifieng the gearing all too much, i.e. it doesnt make sense if you have to peddle like crazy to get anywhere due to the too small front chainring )
Last year no call back ... This year again so far no call back, they couldnt answer any of this at the show...

Delta Cycle new with a similar setup as Gates .... I asked them he same and they were clueless.... I asked them that I would like to buy 5 kits they replied that they are not interested in selling to dealers, but looking for manufacturers instead. I dropped the literature and thanked them for their time and walked away. That attitude means nothing else that nobody can buy spares down the road as the manufacturers rely on the supplier to have them available for the dealers. Also they are clueless about the power of the dealer. If I have xy equipped Dahon bikes on my website as an alternative, guess what, Dahon would be much easier to get as a customer for XY supplier, when there is field experience already out there ... Besides Dahon for example is listening to their customers with a very open ear...
Turning down a dealer ........are those folks dreaming ?

I dont go out of my way for any of those two companies ........ they need to step it up !

Thor